BEWARE OF UNLICENSED CONTRACTORS OR GENERAL CONTRACTORS IN BALTIMORE AND ENTIRE MARYLAND!
And the time finally came. Your much-wanted remodeling dream project is about to be a reality. You just met with your dreamed contractor who offer you not only what you have had imagine but in the lowest price ever! That’s a dream come true!
Sorry, but now you must wake up! And we say this because you just took a huge financially and emotionally risk.
Are things really that serious?
This is not a joke. Just examine the FACTS and then come to a conclusion.
One thing is for sure. When a price of remodeling project is so low something is terribly wrong. Something is missing. But what is that?
You compare his price with many local licensed contractors and the difference is outrageous.
So, who is wrong that guy with the lowest “on budget” , “dreamed price” or the licensed contractors that you met ?
Who is the thief? This is not a game.
First of all, it’s all about safety. You need to know what people invite to your home.
Remember that giving access to strange people it’s not safe for your family and belongings.
- So, did you search about your contractor’s reputation?
- Does he/ she has a website with online reviews? Clients that did previous work that you can call. Not just a past client but more than 20-30 of those. Is he /she already on the court for other cases and you don’t know it?
- Did you ask about his license? Do you think that this is just a detail? Getting a state’s license is not an easy think. Be a licensed contractor means that you put lots of effort to be legal and obtain a license approved by the state. That means you have the knowledge and the skills to be a contractor.
- Did you ask if he / she has workers compensation insurance? Why? If their employees fall or get hurt in your house and they do not have workers compensation insurance, so YOUR insurance might help cover some of the cost to pay that worker’s claim, after you meet your deductible, but that claim could result in an increase in your rates and make it more difficult for you to get insured in the future.” And once again, you cannot seek retribution in court, as your contract may not be legally enforceable.
- Do you have a detailed proposal about what your project will include? What you think it will be done it’s different from what he or she will do.
- If the work doesn’t meet the local codes or he doesn’t pull the necessary permits (which cannot anyway do) you will be responsible for making the repairs to meet code at an additional cost to you.
- Your homeowner’s insurance policy can be voided or rise because you hire an unlicensed contractor and the risk is greater.
- The price is so low than other licensed contractors and you gladly paid him upfront. In the middle of the project asks you to pay more. Why? He didn’t pay his subs and he is broke, the project is unfinished, yet paid for in full and the sub-contractors keep demanding payment from you and threaten to place a lien on your home. And don’t forget you cannot bring him at the court so easy and if you do you will spend more money.
- Do you have access to vendors referrals? That means you can call his vendors and ask about his reputation. If he owns money, then run away as fast as you can.
That explains everything! Now you know why that price is so low!
All these 20 plus years in business we have heard from numerous clients that got rip off from unlicensed contractors or are hostage of unfinished work .
DON’T’ BE A VICTIM OF UNLICENSED CONTRACTORS IN BALTIMORE
On the other hand, we are licensed, insured and with a great reputation among customers and vendors.
We are according to the law; we pay our taxes and love what we are doing for almost 20 years in business.
So next time that you meet us think twice who you are going to hire as your contractor or general contractor in Maryland
Call us any time! we can help and resolve any issue 410-633-2308 .