How Much Does It Cost to Remodel a Bathroom? Check It Out
Posted on: August 14, 2019
To figure out the precise cost for bathroom remodeling, you need to consider several variables. But, before jumping directly to the cost, it is important for you to know that bathroom remodeling is not all about replacing a vanity or changing the flooring. Whether you have a simple, small bathroom or a master bathroom, your main focus should be on increasing the functionality along with enhancing its aesthetics.
You need to consider plumbing, flooring, ceiling & wall tile installation, lighting fixtures, drawer storage, washbasins, vanity cabinets for placing essentials and medicines, wall-hung/floor-mounted toilets, ventilation for proper light penetration and air circulation while maintaining privacy, a separate shower cabin with sill, base & distinct flooring, bathtub, and so on.
To give you a general idea of how much contractors in Columbia, MD, charge for a bathroom remodeling project, let’s assume you have a 5×8 bathroom. If you are looking forward to pristine grade remodeling project done by certified bathroom remodeling contractors, the cost to remodel your entire bathroom ranges from $16,000-$25,000 including labor and material. However, if you are thinking about relocating your existing plumbing or utilizing high-grade materials such as marbles, the cost may escalate to about $30,000 OR MORE.
On the other hand, for a master bathroom of 60 to 100 square feet equipped with double vanities and sinks , toilet, shower, and tub to be remodeled by certified professionals, the cost usually varies between $38,000- $50,0000 and that too including the labor and materials. If you are willing to add more luxury features in a large master bath space, it might even exceed $50,000.
The total cost charged by your bathroom remodeling contractors may also deviate from your calculated value due to several factors such as:
- Size of your bathroom
- Regional pricing structure(if you are living in a posh area, the difference may be up to 20%)
- Quality of all materials, you would be using right from shower to custom flooring
- Expanding your floor area, for instance, converting a half bath into a full bath
- Types and designs of fixtures, appliances, counters, and finishes
Breakdown of Bathroom Remodel Material Cost
Breaking down the cost of individual material will help you figure out where you need to invest your money and where to save.
While plumbing fixtures including toilets and sinks make up 10% to 20% of the total budget, shower cost can vary from 5% to 25% depending upon your choice. The cost of bathroom vanity can contribute 10% to 30% and countertops may cost from 5% to 10% of the final budget figure. Flooring costs will be 10% to 15% and faucets & other plumbing tasks might make up about 12% to 16%.
On the other hand, some little yet important things like lighting, bathroom fan, entry doors & windows, and painting costs usually contribute 5%-7%, 2%-5%, 8%-10%, and 5% to 6% of the total cost, respectively. You need to take note that all these figures don’t include the labor costs. So, when making a real budget for bathroom remodeling, you need to consider that too. On average, the labor costs account for about 40% to 65% of your total budget.
Another important point you should remember that the cost of your bathroom remodeling project gets way higher than your expectations, especially when it also includes the relocation of plumbing fixtures and the layout of your bathroom. So, if you are on a small budget, you should avoid including these two tasks in your project.
Now, when you know the estimated cost for remodeling a bathroom, you can easily decide what features you want to include for creating an oasis that leaves you rejuvenated and refreshed.