How to do Kitchen Remodeling in Maryland in a Tiny Space
Posted on: September 21, 2021
Small apartments and homes often have compact kitchens. This leads to multiple issues such as where to store, and how to organize, etc. Fortunately, there are enough creative hacks and ideas that can help you make the most out of your tiny kitchen. Try kitchen remodeling in Maryland and witness the magic for yourself.
Trademark Construction is the ultimate destination you should head to for kitchen remodeling in Maryland.
The kitchen is the heart of any home. Food, the very basic necessity of human life, is prepared here with lots of love and utmost care. But what if the kitchen space is not large enough? Opting for kitchen renovation is the most suitable option in such a situation.
In this article, you will get to know some effective ways that one can use to make his small kitchen smart and useful. Following these hacks can help you enjoy cooking and forget all your worries related to limited kitchen space.
1. Get rid of upper cabinets: For an enhanced kitchen renovation, keep the upper shelves open. When you remove upper cabinets, you can easily get access to all the utensils, glasses, etc. It adds architectural aesthetics to your kitchen and also adds a feeling of openness.
2. Incorporate a kitchen island: You can get yourself a rolling island which you can push aside once the food is ready. It can also serve as a portable bar when your guests arrive. Also, one can invest in a kitchen island with slim-legged bar stools. The stools can be pulled up and used as breakfast or dinner seating.
3. Go for lighter hues: Opt for lighter shades that give your kitchen an elite and expanded look. If there is a window, make the most out of the view and let natural lights pour in. The backsplashes, countertops, millwork, and walls should also have lighter color palettes so that the kitchen seems to be open. Invest in light-colored cooking tools, linens, chopping boards, etc., for improved kitchen renovation.
4. Round table dining: A square table won’t accommodate many people at a single time. But when you invest in a sleek round table, multiple family members can sit together and enjoy the meal.
5. Go vertical: When you have a compact kitchen, think creatively. Instead of getting furniture that is horizontal, buy yourself vertical items. They do justice to the wall space and also occupy less storage space.
6. Use a pegboard to eradicate clutter: A pegboard can feel no less useful than having your very own genie! Just when you think that there is no more space left for your kitchen knick-knacks to fit in, pegboards come to your rescue. They can be hung against your kitchen wall. Use it to hang utensils such as colanders, measuring cups, mugs, and so on. You can even show off your premium kitchenware by hanging them on an attractive pegboard.
7. Add extra seating: Do you have that precious, extra counter area? If yes, then get a few bar stools for the kitchen. They come in handy for grabbing a cup of morning coffee or having a casual dinner while chit-chatting about how the day has been.
8. Try concealed storage: Concealed storage is one of the key aspects of kitchen remodeling in Maryland. It helps in stashing away anything you want to. It can be a smart idea indeed to stash your kitchen appliances behind the custom French doors. Tucking a pull-out banquette into the kitchen island can also prove to be beneficial. Concealed outlets, devised pull-out marble pantries are currently trending when it comes to kitchen renovation.
9. Make the most out of wall space over the kitchen counter: You must have heard the famous quote “sky is the limit” many times in your life. But for your kitchen, the ceiling is the limit. So, you can use the entire wall space above your kitchen counter to organize or hang utensils creatively. You can install shelves for your pretty glassware. Or you can use hooks and pegs for pans, mugs, etc. Try enhancing the elegance of your kitchen by adding a little greenery here.
10. Choose your kitchen sink wisely: Either go for a kitchen sink that is deep enough to hide your dirty utensils. Or you can get a sink with a cover. It hides the utensils within and also serves as a counter where you can carry out cutting, chopping, mashing, and other such activities.
Try using these tips to give your kitchen a new look in the limited space you have. In case you need professional help, connect with Trademark Construction experts for impeccable kitchen remodeling in Maryland. Feel free to give a call at 410-633-2308.